I was blessed yesterday with the birth of another beautiful niece!!! My God Child Ellie has a new baby sister, Jessica! Now I have heard some stories of those who have been an only child and then have a sibling pop into their life. I wanted to be sure my God Child Ellie realized how important and a big help she will be now with the birth of her sister!
With that being said, I made her a GIANT chocolate pop with Jimmies (sprinkle dots) for her!
All this recipe called for was:
- 2- 11.5 oz of Ghiradelli milk chocolate chips
- A wooden spoon with the top broken off and smoothed out(seriously.. no grocery stores sell wooden sticks and a popsicle stick is too thin!)
- 9 in springform pan
- frosting with narrow spout for writing/design
1. Pour both bags chocolate in a double boiler and let melt, but don’t let it get the chocolate thin too much!
2. Place a sheet of parchment paper on the bottom of the springform pan and allow for the paper to stick up on the sides
3. Pour all the chocolate into pan and let sit in the refrigerator for 5 minutes
4. Make sure you have a strong man/woman nearby to break off the top of the wooden spoon and smooth out top of spoon so it is not sharp or has split ends
5. After your chocolate has cooled for 5 minutes, sprinkle your jimmies on it and place back in fridge
6. Remove your chocolate from pan after 10 minutes of cooling and place your stick at the bottom and middle section of your pop. NOTE: The stick is placed on the side that has NO sprinkles on it.. making this the back of the pop)
7. Flip your pop so the sprinkles are on top and place on dish with a fresh sheet of parchment paper underneath
8. Use any time of frosting with narrow spout to do any type of design or writing you would like!
9. I wrapped my chocolate pop in clear cellophane with red ribbon to give it a little something extra 🙂
It was a great day for my family. Below is a pic with my two beautiful nieces and mom! Stay tuned for a pic with Ellie holding her chocolate pop so you can see how big it was!!!!